1. If you’re starting a new paint job remember this tip: Buy a good quality roller cover. A 1/2 inch nap wool blend cover will hold enough paint to do the job 4x faster.
2. As far as air handlers go, the Lennox CBX40 Variable Speed Air Handler is the quietest and most efficient on the market. It controls humidity, improves air quality and is also backed with the Good Housekeeping seal of approval.
3. If you have been putting off changing your air filter, now is the time. In the summer heat, your A/C unit is working hard and needs a clean filter to perform at its best.
4. One of our favorite year-round comfort tips is to install a storm door. Buy one that comes with glass and screen inserts you can switch out. Then use the screen insert now to let the breeze in while keeping bugs out in the evenings.
5. A power drill is a very handy tool to have around the house, but make sure you get one with variable speed. Harder materials, like metal, have to be drilled at lower speeds than softer materials.
Visit our Facebook page for more!